Cybersecurity Services for Boise Businesses
Network security should be a number one priority for businesses in Boise. With ransomware, hacks, attacks, vulnerabilities and data theft affecting companies all around the world on a daily basis, it’s just a matter of time before your business is hit. Digital6 Technologies’ goal is to provide you with the best network security protection possible, while also keeping your unique needs and budget in mind.
Hacks & Attacks
These days, hackers, attackers, and even automated web bots are all trying to gain access to your network and ultimately access your private customer and business information. When successful, the attackers can lock down your data or worse they can release your customer information to the world.
With the sheer number of security threats faced by companies, it is important to evaluate the vulnerabilities that may affect your business. Lost revenues due to downtime or large fines due to data breaches may not be an option and could affect the overall health of the organization.
Not only is it necessary to protect a network from outside threats but internal threats can also be a huge vulnerability. Part of a thorough network security plan is ensuring that employees are using best practices and are educated on their role in keeping the network safe.
If you store customer data, private information, or take credit cards, network security is no longer an option, but instead is a necessity. Not to mention if you must adhere to HIPAA, SOC, or any other regulations, you need a team that understands these requirements and a team that can provide the pieces necessary to keep you compliant.
How Can We Help?
Protecting your information and your customers’ data is Digital6 Technologies’ specialty.
- Evaluate – We can evaluate your current network business environment.
- Assess – We will provide a complete assessment of your overall security health.
- Implement – Implement a complete security plan to provide a comprehensive security solution.
Our company is the leader in network security, contact us today for more information.
Cyber criminals want to penetrate your business technology however they can. They are persistent so plugging holes here and there does not give you a secure IT system. They will try again.
Where are the vulnerable points in the perimeter around your data and other information? Here are a few common examples:
- Weak passwords
- Risky logins
- Phishing emails and attachments
- Brute force attacks on passwords and PINs
- Vulnerable OS
- Privilege creep, often rationalized as temporary
- Unattended account when employee leaves
Digital6 specialists are ready to assess your front door risk and recommend security solutions to help you:
- Manage identity access
- Develop policies and procedures for compliance
- Implement encryption functions
- Develop and deploy emergency response to a breach
Azure Active Directory Premium and Exchange Advanced Threat Protection are just two example of tools that Digital6 Technologies can discuss with you.
Even if hackers find their way into your IT system, you want them to have difficulty reading, copying or deleting your files. Our Digitial6 specialists can recommend solutions to thwart malware by providing strong protection for your business technology.
Can you identify potential problems in the creation, collection, transit, storage and usage of your data and other information? Your list might include the challenges of:
- Inconsistent file classifications
- Vulnerability of shared files
- Security risk of apps
It is easy to become careless with information distribution. After all, you are all working for the same company or all working on the same project or transaction. That is why it is critical to have clear direction for handling business data and other sensitive information. The Digital6 team will review the kind and volume of data flowing in, out and throughout your operations. Then, they will be able to help you:
- Develop policies, procedures and rules for moving data
- Establish criteria for identifying exceptions to the rules
- Develop standardized, intuitive labeling protocol across the organization
- Implement identity validation protocol before sharing
- Monitor shared files
- Deal with policy violation/violators
Two of the security tools offered by Digital6 Technologies are ShareSync and Azure Information Protection – Premium 1.
The employees of even the smallest of SMBs and startups typically use a variety of computing devices. From desktop PCs and laptops to tablets and smartphones. Mobile devices are particularly vulnerable.
The three biggest challenges are:
- Use of mobile devices, including BYODs
- Number and kind of apps used
- Ability to isolate any infected devices
Digital6 specialists recognize the risks associated with a mobile workforce using a variety of devices. To strengthen your IT security to resist threats and protect information, they can help you:
- Synchronize data across all devices
- Encrypt all information
- Manage device settings and access
- Manage mobile apps
- Isolate devices or sections of the network in response to a breach
Two of the security tools offered by Digital6 Technologies are Microsoft Intune and Windows 10 E3.
It does not matter how many safeguards are in place to protect your business information if you and your employees are not committed to following policies and procedures. There are often good reasons for resistance on the part of users.
Consider the frustrations of:
- Complicated access protocol
- Slowed down productivity
- Inconsistent classifications
- Data not synchronized across the system
- Need to involve IT in every change/decision
- Lack of understanding of cyber attacks
Digital6 understand how irritating it is to be delayed by access to routine information or having to seek the IT department’s permission every time a password is changed. The inevitable impact of such inefficiencies is reduced productivity. No SMB or startup can afford this.
There are tools and processes available that will facilitate:
- Single sign-on to onsite databases and apps
- Self-service for password changes, downloading apps and creating work groups
- Real time synchronization of all data across the business and all the devices
- Working from anywhere on any device using various modalities; e.g. email, calls, SMS, apps
- Training for employee awareness and understanding of cyber attacks and their impact
One of the security solutions available through Digital6 Technologies is Azure Active Directory Premium.